Sunday, February 18, 2018

Still in Silence

Last night Jerome and I attended a concert by Nordic Voices at our historic Temple Theater. Every piece on the program was composed by people born since 1949. Most of them are Norwegian. (Did I ever tell you I now live in an area of the world heavily populated by Scandinavians, primarily Norwegian?)
One piece that resonated with me so deeply was Still In Silence. There is a link to the group singing it here. Last evening's program was performed entirely a cappella. Jerome, with his life long musical training, had much to share with me about the sophistication and complicated construction of the pieces. I heard the works through untrained ears but with my heart. Amazing program.

1 comment:

  1. Goosebumps.
    What an extraordinary piece of music.
    Thank you for sharing it here, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete