Saturday, October 10, 2015

observations



Time was I would nestle my head in my pillows and wake with dawn. Not so now. Sleeplessness and its comrades fatigue and restlessness, moroseness and despair wear heavy on both body and spirit. At times the pattern is spiraling and like the forces of gravity on objects within a spinning bowl, may be difficult to interrupt and overcome.
My antidote to all of this is to simply stand at the upstairs sliders and slowly gaze at what's visible in the darkness. Cloudless nights such as last night offer release and clarity, and all I have to do to receive the benediction is to be aware.
Remembering that the waning crescent moon was due to rise above the horizon just before dawn and that Venus and Jupiter would be in its company I used my wakefulness to advantage, moved from the view of Orion to the south and sought a window on the east where I spotted this brilliant combination.


It's been said
you are not a drop in the ocean but the entire ocean in a single drop.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be able to see the planets on a clear night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....forgot to say, I love your header Sharon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I feel concerned when I read that you have felt despair and sadness. Wish I could help you in some way, my friend - you are such a wonderful person. Be kind to yourself… xo

    ReplyDelete