Monday, November 5, 2012

A thought regarding AEDM

Since I talked myself into participating in AEDM, I've been giving the idea much thought. Its purpose, I've come to conclude, is not to add an art elective to the daily schedule but to live in an artful frame of mind. Whether it's giving the pillows an extra plumping after making the bed,  or arranging then admiring the canned goods on the new pantry shelf in the basement reflecting on the accomplishment with satisfaction and glee, or preparing a simple meal that when plated and paused over, evokes a sense of plenty.


I will be bringing myself to the sewing machine or studio desk often this month and will post about this. But it will be the mindfulness within which I move throughout the day that will be my real art.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are absolutely right, Sharon. I think it's more about the creative mindset and your blog always feels artistic to me. That said, it's convenient for me to take advantage of AEDM as I work toward deadlines for an exhibit and craft sale. When December 1 arrives, I shall kick off my shoes, put my feet up, and sink into a stack of books I have been wanting to read!
    By the way, your shelves of canned goods are a beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jars are art, right there.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artfully arranged jars on shelves is art! Very beautiful they are too!!!

    ReplyDelete