Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Goodbye Maurice

I don't always catch up on world or national events each day. It's easy to focus on the farm and the town and ignore what's making the world turn on the broader stage. This morning I happened to read that Maurice Sendak has passed on.

Not everyone is a Sendak fan, but you'd have to look far to find someone who doesn't know about the Wild Things.
You can listen to an  interview aired on NPR's Fresh Air segment last September where he discusses life, death, love and his latest, now final, book shown above.

3 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan and was saddened the hear of his death. He lived here in our town and was known as a bit of a recluse. I will always be grateful for the way he did not sugarcoat the world for children, and made being scared OK.

    I loved the interview when I first heard it, and I think I'll listen again as I work my way through the day. Thanks for the link, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I knew who this man was but then realised that I do know him through his book 'Where the Wild Things Are'. I am sure his final book will be a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was saddened to hear of his death. Thanks for the link to the NPR interview, Sharon. Hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete