Thursday, January 19, 2012

National Popcorn Day

If you don't know Susan Wittig Albert and her series of murder mysteries featuring China Bayles as a retired attorney running an herb shop in Texas, check them out. Each book in the series has an herb in the title and within the story Susan includes herbal use and lore. China Bayles also has a book, a Book of Days, written with Susan's help.


You can subscribe to Susan's newsletter, All About Thyme, chock full of herbal tidbits that contain much of what's in the Book of Days. That's how I was reminded that today is National Popcorn Day.


Watch as a single popcorn kernel becomes my favorite snack. The moisture within the tiny kernel explodes out turning the outside shell inside out revealing the starchy innards which we love to munch.
Enjoy a  bowl tonight and think about me doing the same. I'll be thinking of all of you as well.

2 comments:

  1. I love using herbs and I am sure I would enjoy reading 'A Book of Days'. I ate some popcorn this week that I was given at Christmas. It was popcorn with chocolate and chili and it was very tasty! You can't beat freshly cooked popcorn though. Enjoy yours tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little video, Sharon!
    Those books sound intriguing! I'll have to see whether I have some popcorn kernels in my cabinet!
    By the way, regarding my Catholic school uniform on my blog - it was navy blue with a light blue blouse and red tie (I think!) Or was it a blue tie? How could I forget that?
    Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete