Thursday, August 18, 2011

spinning

When you were small did you ever spin around very fast, arms outstretched? Did you have your eyes open or closed? Did you get dizzy?
Often lately I've felt as if I've been spinning.  Sometimes, briefly, I catch a glimpse, but all too often my days are a blur with a pervading sense of speed and imbalance. Is it my age? my present living situation with my heart in two places?
Last week I spent some time with Jerome at our city house and my first full day there we shared nearly all of the day at the Chicago Botanic Gardens. We've been members there since I was given a gift membership by my church circle as a thank you for presenting a plant class. The CBG is often my go to place for centering.



It's my dream that eventually my go to place will be here, my few acres on Asbury Ridge. When the spinning has stopped and my heart's halves are joined, it will be.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could offer words of comfort to you as you do so often to me. Life does seem to speed by the older you get. This week has been a whirlwind of activity for me but I know there will be weeks when life takes on a slower place. I hope that you get a chance to slow down a little and take in all the good things you have achieved on Asbury Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    I can't imagine what it must be like for you, but spinning seems like a good analogy. I hope you received some solace from your time spent with Jerome, and that the beauties and rewards of your farm life tide you over until you are back together again. Life is always about give and take, isn't it? I know what you mean about time seeming to speed by - I find that, too.
    Take good care.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete